Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

ABB ACS880-104 motor pre-heating (does the "run enable" stop the motor pre-heating?)

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@azm_22)

Hello Everybody,

I would like to ask you about one ABB ACS880-104 INU digital input DIIL. It is “run enable” and it prevents the INU to start or to stops it if running.

My question is about the "running" definition:

Does "running" here mean only that the motor has speed or also DC magnetization / pre-heating function (motor standstill) are also considered as “running” ?

My concern is about if the absence of this DIIL also stops the pre-heating function if working?

can we say that the inverter is "running" if it is in the mode of standstill heating?

Also there is a relay output RO2 and the default setting of it is “running”. If the motor in standstill and the pre-heating function is active, will the RO2 be activated or not?

Thank you in advance!

AZM

4 Replies
Admin
(@click2electro)

Running means - if start command comes in drive then drive in running mode

Start command sourse may be Digital input, communication, or through keypad

If speed refrence is zero and drive received start command then also drive in running mode.

Admin
(@click2electro)

RO2 energies when drive received start command.

Topic starter
(@azm_22)

Thank you very much!

so can I conclude that the absence of "run enable" signal does not stop the pre-heating function if working after motor standstill?

what stops the pre-heating function are only STO, no errors and starting command?

BR

Admin
(@click2electro)

If the run-enable signal is switched off, the drive will not start. If already running, the drive will stop according to the setting of parameter 20.11 Run enable stop mode.

Run-enable in simple word a extra signal for motor start command but run enable is not start command signal.

STO

The Safe torque off function can be used, for example, as the final actuator device of safety circuits (such as an emergency stop circuit) that stop the drive in case of danger. Another typical application is a prevention of unexpected start-up function that enables short-time maintenance operations like cleaning or work on non-electrical parts of the machinery without switching off the power supply to the drive.

When activated, the Safe torque off function disables the control voltage for the power semiconductors of the drive output stage, thus preventing the drive from generating the torque required to rotate the motor. If the motor is running when Safe torque off is activated, it coasts to a stop.

Both signal need for start drive. But these are not start command signal.

Share: