Clear all

Err5 PID Parameters are set Wrong fault in parker AC10 drive

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
Admin
Topic starter
(@click2electro)

Cause : PID Parameters are set Wrong comes when PID parameters are set wrong. PID controllers are used to regulate the drive's output, such as speed or torque. Incorrect PID settings can lead to instability, oscillations, or poor performance.

Err5 fault in parker AC10 drive indicate PID Parameters are set Wrong. This means PID control parameters are not tuned properly for your application.

Steps to Correct PID Parameters:

1. Understand the PID Parameters:

• Proportional Gain (P): Determines the reaction to the current error. A higher value increases the drive's response speed but can cause overshooting and instability.
    • Integral Gain (I): Addresses accumulated errors over time. A higher value can reduce steady-state errors but may cause oscillations if set too high.
    • Derivative Gain (D): Predicts future errors based on the rate of change. It can help dampen oscillations but is sensitive to noise, so it’s often set to a low value or left at zero.
  2. Set Initial Parameters:

• Start with a small P gain and zero for I and D gains. Gradually increase the P gain until you notice a quick and stable response to changes in the setpoint without too much overshoot.
    • Introduce a small I gain if there’s a steady-state error (offset) that doesn’t go away with P control alone. Increase it slowly until the offset is eliminated but avoid introducing oscillations.
    • Adjust the D gain carefully, if necessary, to dampen any oscillations caused by P and I adjustments. Usually, D gain is kept low or zero, especially in noisy environments.
  3. Auto-Tuning (if available):

• Some drives have an auto-tuning feature that can automatically adjust the PID parameters for optimal performance. If your Parker AC10 drive supports auto-tuning, you can try running this feature to automatically set the PID parameters.
  4. Manual Tuning Tips:

• If the system oscillates or responds too aggressively, reduce the P gain.
    • If the system is too slow to reach the setpoint or has a steady-state error, increase the I gain cautiously.
    • If the system overshoots or oscillates, try reducing P or I or slightly increasing D to dampen the response.
  5. Reset Parameters:

• If the PID parameters have been drastically changed and are causing instability, consider resetting them to their default values and start the tuning process from scratch.
Share: